What we do
We produce large volumes of highly concentrated blends of microbes that degrade and recycle many different items, fossil fuel hydrocarbons (like crude oil) is one such example. Our products work well in a wide range of applications and in diverse environmental conditions. These include; land damaged by herbicides and pesticides, soils impacted by oil and gas waste, sensitive marshlands and waterways, just to name just a few.
Our products contain not only bacteria, but also a versatile microbe group called Archaea. Archaea microbes are a diverse, versatile, and exist solely to recycle simple, complex and chlorinated hydrocarbons into natural compounds. The archaea are mixed with other natural ingredients into a custom blend - called The Oppenheimer Formula®. The Oppenheimer Formula® is our main product and all of our microbial products are derived from it.
- Highly concentrated (100 billion cells/gram)
- Organic and made from natural ingredients
- 5+ year shelf life
- Non- toxic dry, gray powder
- Activated by fresh, brackish, or salt water
- Salt tolerant - up to 24%
- Temperature range 32F-120F
- pH tolerance 5.5-10.0
- NOT genetically engineered, NOT freeze-dried. NO GMO's, NO animal products.
- Hydrophobic - prefer the oil to water
- Our products love, love, love hydrocarbons, both biochemically & physically.
United States EPA - NCP Product Plan Schedule
The Oppenheimer Formula is listed on the United States EPA - NCP Product Schedule (Products Available for Use on Oil) Technical Bulletin Number B-36 Bioremediation Agent. The Oppenheimer Formula has been listed on this schedule since July 1991.This listing does NOT mean that EPA approves, recommends, licenses, certifies, or authorizes the use of The Oppenheimer Formula on an oil discharge. This listing means only that data have been submitted to EPA as required by subpart J of the National Contingency Plan, Section 300.915o work the following basic requirements must be met: